The GLOBE 40 is a Round the World race, which is accessible to both informed amateurs and professional skippers. It is a Round the World, which combines competitive performance, adventure and travel, a Round the World whose course takes skippers off the beaten track and offers up some unique stopovers, a Round the World on a craft that is accessible both competitively and financially.
The Class40 is the benchmark monohull for offshore racing with the 60-foot Imoca Vendée Globe.
It is an international support which gives the Globe40 a planetary dimension.
The 1st edition of the Globe40 has been given in Tangier, Morocco on June 26, 2022. This will be the first offshore race start on African soil.
After more than 30,000 miles sailed and 8 legs crossed, the arrival of the Globe40 will be in Lorient, the leading European hub for ocean racing.
A double race
The Globe40 is a double-handed race with the possibility of changing one of the two skippers at each stage.
The race program
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Cape verde on July 05, 2022
- Start from Cape Verde on July 17, 2022
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Mauritus island on August 18, 2022
- Start from Mauritius island on septembre 11, 2022
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Auckland on Octobre 06, 2022
- Start from Auckland on Octobre 29, 2022 at 12pm
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Tahiti on Novembre 08, 2022
- Start from Tahiti on Novembre 26, 2022
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Ushuaia on Decembre 15, 2022
- Start from Ushuaia on January 08th, 2023
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Recife on 25th January 2023
- Start from Recife on 5th February 2023
- Arrival of the first Class40 in Grenada island on 14th February 2023
- Start from Grenada island on 24th February 2023